Ziegler & Philipp - 1999).
- Turquoise / Blue pinspot monitor.
- Are often found close to bodies of water.
Pattern and color:
main coloration is black-brown / greyish-brown with some turquoise pattern.
The underside of its body is yellowish mixed with the same but lighter
colors of its upperside. The tail and feet are often brighter
turquoise colored than the rest of their body. These animals have pink
- Advised: at least 1,5 m²
for a pair.
Animals per enclosure:
- The females are tolerant towards each
other. More than 1 female can be kept together with a male.
- average: 22º - 30º Celsius.
- basking: 40º - 50º Celsius.
- Many kinds of insects, fish, crabs,
snails, small birds, eggs and small
species is closely related to V.indicus. The
main differences are the turquoise coloration, the pink tongue and a
higher count of midbody scale rows.
- English][Home -